The Australian National Management Team are very pleased to be working with all Australian Siddha Yoga Ashrams, Centres and Chanting and Meditation Groups in Australia, on processes for safely reopening Siddha Yoga venues.
Our priority is to ensure that we provide as safe an environment as possible for those offering seva, members of the community and new seekers. As a result, the Australian Trustees have asked us to put in place a policy for reopening venues in Australia.
Australia’s policy requires some extra steps for all of us to take before we physically attend a Siddha Yoga event at an Ashram (or external venue), meditation centre or chanting and meditation group venue.
We are asking everyone to register online PRIOR to visiting a Siddha Yoga venue and to complete a consent and declaration form as part of this process.
Anyone who is unable to register is warmly welcome to attend events - they will be supported to register on arrival at the venue, provided there are still spaces available. It’s important that people who can pre-register online do so, to ensure that registration sevites can support those with the most need.
This policy was developed with great care and in consultation with SYDA Management and with Ashram Managers, Siddha Yoga Foundation Trustees and members of the National Management Team.
1. Minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
a. All public facing staff and volunteers must wear a correctly fitting mask.
b. Everyone must wear a correctly fitting mask whilst participating in the practice of chanting indoors.
c. Maximise ventilation in all venues.
d. Ashrams, Centres, and CMG hosts have a COVID safe plan in place for staff, volunteers, and all visitors including children.
2. Everyone is welcome to attend venues if they attest to and agree to the terms and conditions of entry outlined in the Declaration & Consent form.
3. Individuals attend voluntarily based on their own risk assessment.
4. No one is to attend to offer seva against their own judgement. Coercion or persuasion is unacceptable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required to enter a Siddha Yoga Ashram in Australia.
By proceeding with registration, signing-in or by entering a Siddha Yoga Ashram in Australia, you declare your consent to follow the conditions of entry outlined below:
1. I confirm I am NOT feeling ANY flu-like symptoms, I do not have an increased temperature and I do not feel I am getting a cold. I also confirm that I have had none of these symptoms for the past 10 days.
2. I confirm I have not come into contact with anyone in the last 10 days who has recently tested positive for COVID-19 or is awaiting test results.
3. I agree to comply with the COVID safety measures in effect at the venue, including wearing a mask while chanting, maintaining physical distancing and using the hand sanitiser provided.
4. I agree that I am personally responsible for my own health and well-being at all times I attend the venue and will not seek to hold the venue or its leadership responsible for any health issues I may have or may develop when attending the venue.